Thursday, June 19, 2008

Packed and Ready

I just finished running around the house, scouring my closets for tank tops, skirts and shorts. I don't think I've looked at these articles of clothing for a year. And bathing suits? What are those? Luckily I found a couple faded ones and threw them into the suitcase. I'm actually looking forward to 95 degree days and warm nights, where I can eat Mexican food and sit along the riverwalk in San Antonio. I can wear dresses without feeling cold, and without carrying a jacket around.

We arrive in San Antonio tomorrow night, where we'll most likely eat along the Riverwalk, then hopefully go salsa dancing in town. Saturday we'll explore the city, then head to Austin by 5pm. The family reunion is at David's Dad's house, and about 30 or more people will be there. There will be Mexican food aplenty, volleyball, and lots of games. I hope to visit lots of lakes and rivers, and lie by the pool during this trip. Sunday we are going to a salsa club in Austin that's right on Lake Travis, which huge decks and live music. I'm so excited! I'll be sure to post pictures of my journey along the way :)

3 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

LOVE San Antonio. LOVE the river walk.

Honestly San Antonio and Austin are the only decent cities in that state.

And I GREW UP THERE. Dallas. YUK. Houston. YUK. The Panhandle. YUK. YUK. YUK. and MORE YUK.

with big hair.

Contact Travis said...

hooray...there's a lake named after me!

Enjoy the warm weather, the river, and the Mexican food. YUM!!!

danielskiffington said...

Lake Travis. What a name! Kristin, enjoy the warm weather! Its amazing!!