Sunday, June 8, 2008

Inspired

I can't sleep tonight, and don't really know why, but Eric's post about collections inspired me to post a small collection of radios David found at a garage sale here on Bainbridge Island. They remind me of when radio was in its peak, when people would gather around this talking box in groups to listen to the latest news or radio drama. Radio was an art, the blending of sounds and storyline....aka...Edward R. Murrow. I feel nostalgic for those days, when radios were prized entertainment and information, not just installed in vehicles where people are starting and ending their hectic days.



2 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Kristin. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to collect old radios. I'll live vicariously through your lovely collection. Thanks for sharing it. BEAUTIFUL.

Contact Travis said...

what a fun collection. Seeing old radios reminds me of The Christmas Story. Have you seen it? Where the little boy wants a red rider BB gun for Christmas? How obsessed he is with the Orphan Annie mystery series on the radio and how sends away for the decoder ring...only to realized its a 'crummy advertisement' haha