Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Icky, Yucky

You can't tell from this picture looking out from my front porch, but the rain is pouring down. The rain makes me feel cozy, like I want to stay inside and sip hot coffee and read with a blanket. I don't want to get dressed, or get ready, or go catch a ferry and a bus and make it all the way to work. I don't mind the rain, but it makes me feel incredibly unmotivated. Kinda like a tranquilizer pill. Today, I don't need the tranquilizer. I need a big ole dose of SUN stimulant to get me going. It's going to be a loooooong day.



3 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I agree with you about the tranquilizing effect. I think that's why I like it so much, though.

andrea said...

I totally know what you mean. Lazy Sunday's are good. Happy summers, are not!

Contact Travis said...

I dont mind a week of rain in November...but it is June after all.