Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eight Things

Here is a blogging game that will get you thinking. I'll post my answers, and if you want to try, feel free to post on your blog. This is on a bunch of blogs right now, so I'm doing it partly to be cool (dorky) and partly because I'm stuck in a room all by myself and need to reach out.

Eight Things: A Theme

8 things I am passionate about:
*Dancing
*Nature
*Tennis
*Writing
*Relaxation
*Sunshine
*The News
*Portland, Oregon

8 books I’ve read and enjoyed:
* My Sister's Keeper
* Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
* The Horse Whisperer
* The Kite Runner
* The Da Vinci Code
* Animal Dreams
* Eat, Pray, Love
* Dead by Sunset

8 words/phrases that I say often:
* KOMO 1000 Newstime
* I don't have any story ideas
* Do you want to play tennis?
* Hi sweet kitty
* Whatsup
* We have to leave in 2 minutes!
* I'm hungry
* I'm tired

8 things I want to do before I die:
* Get married
* Be a mother
* Write a book
* Live in a foreign country
* Travel to the Middle East (Jordan, Dubai, Egypt, Israel)
* Work on a documentary
* Fly an airplane
* Own my own business


8 things I’ve learned in my life:
* Not everyone is a good person
* It's OK to not be perfect
* Everyday joy and beauty is in the small stuff
* It's not scary to have a blog
* Being at home with a loved one is the best activity there is
* Empathy is key to relationships - with significant others, friends, family and coworkers
* Writing is my true calling
* Love every minute of life

8 places I want to see:
* The Parthenon in Greece
* The Hoh rainforest in the Olympic Mountains
* Mount Denali in Alaska
* Tahiti
* New Zealand
* Rome
* My cousin's farm in Wales
* Machu Piccu in Peru

8 things I currently want/need:
* Sleep
* A raise
* A vintage red Mercedes convertible from the 50's
* Blogging fame, haha
* A VACATION (coming soon)
* Glasses or contacts (i'm so blind right now)
* A glass of good wine
* A new dance instructor

1 comment:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Wow. I think I'm going to do this and then post it. I REALLY APPRECIATE this from you, Kristin.

By the way-- you have done a STELLAR job soloing the midday show this week. I've listened and I'm a total fan.