Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wedding this weekend

Tomorrow I leave for Portland, Oregon for my good friend Annabelle's wedding. She is marrying her fiance, Seemab, after five years of dating. They met in Portland and moved to California a few years ago. I'm so happy they decided to come back to the Rose City to celebrate their big day.


The wedding will be held in Portland's beautiful Crown Ballroom and Garden Court on Saturday at 5pm.

I am a bridesmaid, along with one of my good friends from college, Deborah. We are wearing traditional Filipino dresses in dark blue, and Seemab's groomsmen are wearing traditional Indian clothing. It will be a multi-ethnic wedding, and I'm excited! We have all sorts of fun activities planned, including the Portland Blues Festival, drinks at our favorite bar, Hubers - built in 1890, a BBQ at Annabelle's house, and of course, the wedding. Most of my best friends will be there, plus my Mom and my sister. I'll be sure to post pictures! I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This sounds like such a beautiful event! I can only imagine the colors of the clothing, and the different sounds and tastes you will be experiencing! One of the things I love about you, Kristin, is the way you embrace different cultures with open arms. Have a blast!

andrea said...

I can't wait for the pictures. I wish you could sneak away and see me and my new apartment =) Next time . . . haa haa, nope, another wedding is on the books!